As I was looking for a quick and easy meal that I would enjoy, Quick and Easy Sloppy Joe came to mind. Now, I’ve never made this dish, so I decided to do a little research to determine what ingredients were involved, for I had no idea where to start.
While working as a teacher, our cafeteria would serve this dish from time to time and I always enjoyed eating it. It was like a comforting and fun food to me. While pondering on making this dish, I thought I would go to the store to purchase a package of sloppy joe mix, since it was only a last minute idea, but I decided, NO!
The recipe that I’m sharing with you in this post today is for making a quick and easy sloppy joe dish. It’s easy, it’s quick and its fun. The whole family will love it, and even though I didn’t add onion and peppers I feel that sometimes you just want to keep it simple and to the point.
I’m a scratch kind of girl and I like to put ingredients of my own together to see what I can come up with. So that’s what I did in making this quick meal. Sometimes I just experiment for the joy of it. If you don’t try something new and different, you’ll never know what you are capable of achieving. So ENJOY!
- 1 package of ground turkey
- 1 package of spaghetti seasoning
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 can of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- In skillet, add ground turkey, cook until brown, drain as needed.
- Add spaghetti mix, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, brown sugar, mustard, tomato paste, water.
- Stir ingredients and mix well on medium heat.
- Allow sauce to thicken slightly.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish if desire(optional).
- Serve with over hamburger buns.
Note: Can add onions and greens peppers to add more color and flavor.