Easy cook stuffed green peppers are one of my favorite go to dishes to prepare. One of the reasons its my favorite is because its a meal in a pepper. There are other peppers can can be used. There are red, yellow and green peppers that can be used to make this meal fun and delicious! You can mix them up or have just one color. Its really up to you.
For this post, I choose to use the green pepper because its kind of like my go to pepper. But please, make it your own.
The kids will love these, too. They can also help to make them.
As a southern girl growing up in the south, I believe that has a lot to do with my simple and easy style of cooking.
I’m beginning to try a more intricate style but in order to keep to my roots, what I submit most often will be my good ole fashion classic southern cuisines from my mother and grandmother’s kitchen.
Go ahead and indulge and in ENJOY!
- 1 pound package of ground turkey
- green peppers
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup green peas
- Brown ground turkey in skillet, then drain off oil.
- Cook rice until done.
- Wash and cut top off green peppers.
- Mix turkey, rice, peas, tomato sauce, salt and pepper together.
- Place mix into opened green pepper and stuff to the top of the pepper.
- Place in baking pan.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve about 4.
Note: This is a very flexible recipe. You can use ground beef, or it can be cooked with or without vegetable(s). You can also add any additional seasoning mix for more flavor if you desire.