Curried turkey wings with red potatoes is a dish that’s new for me. I was in search of something with a different flavor, and using curry in my dish was just the answer.
Sometimes you just get tired of the same ole cooking and to add a little pizzazz to your palate, you just want something different.
Now curry is not a spice that I grew up eating, I came upon this as I began to meet others people from the islands dating and tasting their awesome dishes. One of my former boyfriends was from the island of Trinidad and he loved to cook for me, and oh yes, I enjoyed it!
I prepared this dish for my Sunday dinner. Sunday at my house is when you try and make something very special for the family and I must say, it was a WINNER!
I used divided turkey wings and added red potatoes.
This dish will make juice so that you can spread it over the meat as it cooks. I must admit this was my first attempt at this dish and it was great.
It was relatively quick and easy to to make, prep time less than 10 minutes. I like to try different dishes from time to time as I experiment in my cooking.
Most of all, I cooked it in my mother’s Sheffield Strawberry Roaster . Thanks mom for leaving this to me. It reminds me of her each time use it.
- 4 divided turkey wings
- 5 red potatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Mrs Dash seasoning blend
- Wash turkey wings.
- Place turkey wings in roaster pan.
- Add water.
- Sprinkle with 1/8 cup curry, salt, pepper and seasoning mix.
- Place turkey wings in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes.
- Cut red potatoes in squares(set aside).
- Add potatoes when turkey has cooked for 90 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/8 cup of curry oven turkey and potatoes.
- Cook until potatoes have softened.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Serves 2-3.