Looking for a great meal for the family, then this easy homemade spaghetti with ground turkey meatball sauce is a meal in itself.
Sometimes I make this dish with just the sauce, but when I want to add a little more to it, I take my time and roll some meatballs and make the sauce from scratch.
I try to keep my dishes simple and sweet! Something that doesn’t take to long yet gives you great taste and flavor.
I like to use extra thin spaghetti, but when I can’t find it, I use thin spaghetti. But for me the extra help to give the dish a little better flavor.
When you make this sauce with the meatballs oh my, my, just awesome! Your family will love you for it.
RECIPE – Spaghetti with Ground Turkey Meatball Sauce
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes Serving: 3-4
- 1 – 2 lb package of Ground Turkey
- 1 package of Spaghetti noodles thin
- 1 6 0z. can Hunts Tomato Paste
- 1 package Spaghetti Mix Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup water
chopped green peppers, onions, garlic clove, tomatoes
- Add ground turkey, bread crumbs, pepper, salt and mix thoroughly.
- Roll tablespoon size of turkey mixture in palm of hand to form the meatball.
- Place rolled meatballs inside of cooking pot and lightly brown on one side.
- When all meatballs have been lightly browned, drain any excess oil from the meatballs.
- In sauce pan add ground turkey, pour in spaghetti sauce mixture and stir, add tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, basil and oregano and stir until mixed well.
- Let cook for about 30 minutes. Spread over cook spaghetti noodles.
- Bring water to a boil in pot.
- Remove noodles from package and add them to the hot water.
- Let boil until soft, lifting to ensure that noodles don’t overcook or stick together.
- When cooked, drain excess water, and place noodles in drain bowl to allow to finish draining of water.
- Place noodles on plate. Top with sauce and Serve.
Can also add garlic bread if you desire.